Colour Script and Rough Concept Art

3/23/2016 08:00:00 pm

I watch Krampus again for the Omi's flashback scene. I make a colour script to see overall mood and analysis this stop motion and cut out animation. It use a warm and cold colour to bring the mood of cold and hopeless in this flashback. They start this story with the grey tone and started to develop more warm colour in the next scene. I can feel the emotion that they want to show in each part of this picture by playing with light and colour to reflect the shadow of each character. The usage of cut out puppet as second character bring the evil aura in this movie. The movement each character also help to make this story to stand apart from the movie itself.


As I experiment with this concept, I come out with my rough concept art for my final project. I use an influence from shadow puppet as my sub character and my main character will be develop in fully 3D character. I wanted to do the main character as a stop motion but my skills and time that we have been provided seem difficult. So, my reference will be a combination from this flashback story from Krampus, beautiful cut out animation of Lotte Reiniger and brush stroke background.



Character turnaround for two main character for my story.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

@ciksheilamuharam