Marvel's Jessica Jones Tittle Sequence

3/03/2016 09:25:00 pm

After my individual discussion with Jeanette, I need to make my explanation became clear on what is the direction of my own project. How I'm going to do and what I need to research for my final animation project.

So, this entry I will reflect my own animation project with new Marvel's Jessica Jones tittle sequence. I've clearly stated that my animation will have a combination of 3D character in a black silhouette and colour background. 

I love the use of brush stroke in this title sequence and how they make it in a mood of mysteries and investigation. The colour that they use in the mono tone and how they show the stroke either vertical or horizontal can have a different effect for the scene.

Why I choose to make my character to be black because of the influence that I adapt from the famous cut out animation artist Lotte Reiniger. The study of silhouette by playing with light and shadow give an outstanding emotion and meaning about we are not what we are by just showing the colour of ourselves. I want to highlight the character not by it individuality but by it motion and gesture make us understand the message. 

The tittle sequence from this new Marvel's Jessica Jones help me portray my message on how my whole animation will look like. The character will be left dark and capture a little bit of colour depend on the light direction in this animation. I choose to use monochromatic colour and bring a little bit of emotion by playing with the black and colour background.


Creative Director MICHELLE DOUGHERTY 
Lead Designer ARISU KASHIWAGI of Imaginary Forces
Illustrator DAVID W. MACK.

A shadow of different people in a different body gesture can help us understand the situation and that is something I want and will try to achieve. The play with colour background to show every different scene emotion and help audience to understand the tone and mood on my own animation project.
The image below are from the title sequence of Jessica Jones new TV series.

   

   

   

   



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

@ciksheilamuharam