Concept Art with New Brush Strokes

3/07/2016 05:04:00 pm

Today task for myself is either reading about metaphor or at least complete one digital painting. So, I start my day by going online and download a several free brush stroke and try to test draw in Photoshop. After I try several hour and I'm still new in digital painting, here is my result after using free brush stroke and play with the reference colour from Marvel's Jessica Jones title sequence. I use the brush stroke to implement the emotion in my drawing. 



Below, is the original picture that I use for reference in my drawing. The picture is not exactly the same but I try to have the same angle that I got from this reference picture. I will use this close up angle in one of my scene. I show several human figure in silhouette to show the individuality and mystery.

 As for reading, I use TEDed Lesson Worth Sharing, or ed.ted.com website as a starting point to find information. The using of animation help people to better understand the topics. Here is 2 books that they suggest for reading purpose to understand the subject of metaphor.

  1. Metaphors We Live By, by George Lakoff and Mark Johnson (IL: University of Chicago Press, 1980)
  2. I Is Another: The Secret Life of Metaphor and How It Shapes The Way We See the World, by James Cleary (NY: HarperCollins, 2011)

Another method to understand the metaphor by learning about poem.They also suggest to explore further on how poems work in general, and how to unfold the metaphors in poetry by reading this 2 books.
  1. How To Read a Poem, by Burton Raffel (NY: Plume/Meridian, 1984)
  2. Nine Gates: Entering the Mind of Poetry, by Jane Hirshfield (NY: HarperCollins, 1997)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

@ciksheilamuharam